Last updated Friday 15th January 2021
A Message from the Hotel Director
Book with Confidence Promise
Cleanliness & Sanitisation
Bar & Restaurant
Your Stay with us
Message Update from Hotel Director
20th December 2020
Further to the latest Welsh Government restrictions, we are keeping the Trefeddian in hibernation until early 2021.
Our office is currently open but will close on Wednesday 23rd December for a Christmas break re-opening on Monday 4th January 2021.
Please call our team in the new year to secure your holiday bookings for 2021. Some dates in the summer are starting to look busy so book early to save disappointment!
I would like to thank everyone who has stayed with us this year, the support from loyal guests has been overwhelming and also for your patience and understanding in these exceptional circumstances.
On behalf of all of us at the hotel, staff and directors we wish you and your family the best of health in the coming months and hope to see you in beautiful Aberdyfi in 2021.
Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you all, we look forward to a better year ahead in 2021!
For all enquiries please contact our Reception team on 01654 767213 or email us on email@example.com
With Very Best Wishes
Book with Confidence Promise 2021
We want to offer all of our guests peace of mind with our new Book with Confidence Promise taking into account the current uncertainty surrounding your travel plans for 2021, so if you book with us you can be sure your deposit will be safe.
Any reservations made for stays in 2021 will be confirmed with a deposit of £75 per person. However, if due to a Covid-19* related situation during 2021, you are unable to take up your reservation you will be offered the following cancellation or amendment options up to 3 days before your arrival date:
- Move your reservation to an alternative date in 2021
- Have your deposit fully refunded
If you cancel your stay within 3 days of arrival your deposit will automatically be put on hold for a future stay in 2021.
* The following situations will be deemed as Covid-19 related situations or issues:
- Hotel closure
- UK travel or tier restrictions
- Enforced self-isolation due to Covid-19 symptoms
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance to cover all eventualities over and above the current Covid-19 situation when you have confirmed a booking.
For all other terms and conditions relating to your booking please check our terms and conditions.
Cleanliness & Sanitisation
We are enhancing our already high cleaning standards throughout the hotel. You will notice hand sanitiser stations at various points and we encourage all guests to continually wash and sanitise their hands throughout their stay with us.
- Dining tables will have individual hand sanitisers to use during mealtimes.
- All surfaces, especially those that see regular contact i.e. door handles, lift and tables will be cleaned at every opportunity by our team.
- Our staff will be trained in a new cleaning regime and everyone coming to work will have their temperature checked on arrival. This includes a mandatory check on their health status.
- Please use your own bathroom facilities in your room as much as possible during your stay.
We are privileged at the Trefeddian Hotel to have plenty of space both inside and outdoors in which to practice social distancing, however we do ask all of our guests to please be conscious of social distancing at all times and to be considerate of others.
Please try to ensure the advised distance is maintained between yourself and other people, you will also notice the following changes during your stay to keep us all safe;
- Ground floor layouts altered to accommodate guests at a safe distance including one way areas.
- We ask you to please stay to the left as much as you possibly can in corridors and landings and to wait at the top of the stairs to check if others are coming towards you.
- Face masks are are compulsory in all indoor public areas, except when you are eating or drinking or are medically exempt as per Welsh Government guidelines.
- Current guidelines are that 2 metres should be used to social distance from one another in Wales and 1 metre in mitigating circumstances, these are circumstances such as chair directions, screens and areas of great ventilation.
- Glass screens will be in place in reception and the bar area to protect both guests and staff.
Bar & Restaurant
We will rigorously apply the previous mentioned social distancing and cleanliness rules to our bar and restaurant areas. Wherever possible, we will be encouraging guests to drink and enjoy snacks outside, enjoying the fresh air, sunshine and views across the beautiful Cambrian coastline.
- Please avoid drinking with people outside of your social group / household for the time being. We may ask some large family groups to separate into more manageable groups for dining, we will of course try to accommodate these tables nearby to one another.
- Dining tables will be placed at the recommended social distances – we are lucky to have a spacious dining room, which we hope will make you feel more comfortable. Screens may be placed in areas and this may alter the restaurants usual appearance.
- Breakfast will now be served to you by our staff in an a la carte manner with the removal of the buffet service, as recommended by government guidelines. We thank you for your patience and understanding with breakfast service, we apologise that this may take longer than usual however hope that you will find it a relaxing experience.
Our enhanced cleaning regime will also be applied to our bedrooms, ensuring rooms are extensively sanitised between guests.
Further cleaning measures include:
- Washing of all laundry above 60 degrees (a temperature proven to kill COVID-19)
- PPE provided to all of our cleaners and housekeeping staff.
- Room cleaning will be less frequent than normal, however regular servicing is available on request.
- Unfortunately, we are not offering guest laundry service at the moment.
- Use of a fogging machine that emits sanitizing mist over all surfaces and furniture, killing 99.9% of germs will be used by our housekeeping team as necessary.
- All leaflets, room information, spare pillows and blankets will be removed from the bedrooms until further notice. Extra supplies will be available on request, please ask our housekeeping staff for anything additional you may need.
The Swimming Pool and Spa Bath will re-open on Monday 10th August 2020 to hotel residents only.
In order to maintain social distancing further measures have been implemented. These include;
- The Swimming Pool will now be open from 6.30am to 7pm to allow everyone the opportunity to swim.
- A booking system has been introduced. Please see our Reception Team for more information and to make a booking.
- Two Adult only slots have been created in order to allow everyone an opportunity to swim. These are at early morning and early evening.
- All guests must use the Hand Sanitiser on entry and departure from the Pool Building.
- More frequent cleaning and sanitisation procedures have been implemented.
- Guests will be encouraged to change in their hotel bedrooms and use a robe to get to the Pool. Please bring a robe with you.
- The Changing Rooms will only be open for use of the toilet and to hang robes. Please do not take any personal possessions with you to the Pool building.
- Please note that the Sun Terrace will be closed.
- A maximum of 2 spectators on the pool side will be permitted for each session.
- Please respect social distancing at all times in and around the pool area.
- Please depart promptly after you swim.
- Do not share the Spa Bath with someone that does not live in your household.
Your Stay with us
We hope that despite the inevitable safety restrictions we have had to impose, you are still able to enjoy your stay as much as ever at the Trefeddian Hotel. Thankfully, the coast offers an open and safe environment to be in as it offers endless outdoor activities and opportunities for everyone to enjoy. Our local shops and businesses are looking forward to seeing customers again and we ask you to support them and adhere to social distancing.
We ask all our guests to not travel to us should you feel unwell or exhibit symptoms.
The whole team really appreciate your co-operation and understanding in making the Trefeddian Hotel a safe place to enjoy.